30 Oct 2011

Six


SIXby6Bloggers is a project of farfetch.com and Sixlondon.com to celebrate the 10th birthday of SIX. They selected 6 (what a surprise!) bloggers to design there perfect shoe. That must be like a dream coming through *sigh*. I couldn't find the date of release unfortunately, maybe you can buy them already? Anyway, it's quit recent :)

About their shoe:

Susie Lau from Style Bubble: 'The inspiration actually came from a vintage shoe I already owned, a Seventies platform which was a chunky, glam-rock kind of boot and I wanted to exaggerate that, and make it a lot quirkier, mix up the materials. It's a shoe that I know I would never be able to buy in reality and that's exactly what I wanted, I didn't want to perpetuate something that was already out there. Maybe I'll be the only person who wants to wear it, but that's cool, I'm fine with that!

Yvan Rodic from Facehunter: 'I wanted to keep it simple, I like minimal design, and I liked the idea of a shoe that you could wear during the day, but at night as well. I like to combine the simple with the strange, I think it probably reflects my personality in that way!'

Caroline Blomst from Caroline's Mode: 'I've always been a boot girl, I like boots, I wear them every day, and I wanted to make something cool. I had a Versace couture pair in mind when I started, and also some by ChloƩ. So I wanted to do a mixture of those two, with an added little twist of my own. I'd say they're real rock-chick boots, they work with everything in my wardrobe.'

Alix Bancourt from The Cherry Blossom Girl (one of my favourite bloggers!): 'I used a Valentino shoe as reference (maybe this one?), I liked the way it made the front of the foot look almost bare, and I wanted my design to have that sexiness. My shoes have a really clear purpose - taxi-cocktail bar-taxi-bed!'

 Steve Salter from Style Salvage: 'Once I knew the time of the year the shoe was coming out, I thought about what I'm obsessed with around then, and it's always the Autumn colours, the Autumn hues, plums reds, and even the sounds of walking through all the crisp leaves, so the idea for my design came from there really. And although I was essentially my own muse for this shoe, it's really not that crazy, I can see most people wearing it, anyone who has an interest in current fashion, what with its creeper sole and desert boot style.'

Leandra Medine from The Man Repeller: 'My shoe reflect my personality in that the silhouette is chic - underneath the bright colours and the studs is something classic, but still decorated by a big chunk of what's trendy. I'm hoping to wear them with everything! I want a versatile shoe that could either compliment a great outfit or spruce up one that needs a little push of crazy.'


My opinion? I think they're beautiful, but they don't make me greedy. I don't think I would buy one of them. But I like the whole idea of bloggers designing. Mostly they have great taste ;)

PS Carolina from Caroline's mode was the one who took a streetstyle pic of us! Yay! (or her friend did actually, and she was watching)
PPS Her shoe is slightly different then her original design. Difficult chose for her or mistake by the website? ('cause that shoe isn't really new, check here and here for example)
PPPS I do like the fact that they're all so different, and that you can recognise everyone's style.
PPPPS Now I'm gonna stop before this post becomes too long, getting bored already? ;)



Source: farfetch.com

2 comments:

  1. They're all really cool, I'd love a pair of the man repellers ;)Thanks for visiting my blog guys x

    ReplyDelete
  2. sooo nice!! Now I'm thinking what shoe should I pick humm... : ))

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment and make my day. :)